Greetings, Stockade and Battalion families! We’ve had a great season, punctuated with holidays and the typical “busy-ness” of autumn schedules (i.e. back to school, sports events, school and church events, gatherings for Thanksgiving, et.al.).
Still, when we look back, we’ve gotten a good bit accomplished and we’re well primed for the new season that lays ahead of us in 2017:
- Stockaders built posterboard gliders, we explored the world of cars and trucks as a preliminary step towards building shape-n-race derby cars. Preliminary car plans were drawn up by each boy and we have the wood blocks ready for cutting, sanding and painting in the new year. At our last meeting, each boy created three craft projects (Christmas ornament, greeting card, snowflakes) and we saw a brief video and enjoyed some snacks, too.
- Battalion has gone well on alternating Friday evenings and we’ve made progress through our video series titled “Stepping Up: A call to courageous manhood” by Family Life Ministries. Tonight (12/9/2016) is our final Battalion meeting of the calendar year.
So what does our calendar look like for the new year?
- Jan 9 – first meeting of the new year. We’ll revisit our derby car plans, and start working on the basic cuts and fabrication. Boys will need to take turns and be patient for safety’s sake – – we’ll work in smaller teams that night. More details to follow.
- Jan 16 (MLK B-day, will NOT meet)
- Jan 23
- Jan 30
- Feb 6
- Feb 13
- Feb 20 (President’s Day, OFF – NO MEETING)
- Feb 27
- Mar 6
- Mar 13
- Mar 20
- Mar 27
- Apr 3
- Apr 10 (Spring Break for area schools – OFF – NO MEETING)
- Apr 17 (TAX DAY)
- Apr 24
- May 1
- May 8 (Gal’s Tea – likely to use the lower auditorium and boys be in the white house annex (board game night?))
- May 15 (Final Club Night Picnic/BBQ in parking lot)
We’re still working on the Battalion schedule…more to come.
Thank you to all the families who’ve participated, we trust your sons have had a good time and are learning and growing through their involvement.